National Science Olympiad for Class 10 Students | Olympiad Books | NSO Class 10
National Science Olympiad (NSO) Class 10
School Connect Olympiad is an international competition with more than 4 Lakhs students, 23000 Schools, present in 26 countries and is the biggest International Olympiad supported by the team of IITs and IIMs.
Some of our important achievement –
- Awarded as top 20 best online learning platform by HDFC – Parivartan.
- First Olympiad in India built by alumnus of IITs and IIMs
- School Connect Online is the largest Online Olympiad in the world.
- First and the only Olympiad in the world which has Coding and Artificial Intelligence Olympiad.
Is supported by HDFC Bank Parivartan, Villgro, Start Up Oasis, CIIE.CO
Students who are preparing for Maths Olympiad, Science Olympiad, AI Olympiad, Coding Olympiad will get free preparation best in class materials which is supported by free videos for each topic, practice questions ,mock tests, sample papers and performance analysis.
School Connect Online support students with best online platform for their studies and till now we have successfully completed Online Maths Olympiad, Online Science Olympiad, Online Coding Olympiad and Online AI Olympiad.
Learning support from School Connect Online for Olympiad Studies
International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) on School Connect Online
Achievers Practice questions
Benefit of School Connect Online Learning Platform -
- Content developed for the preparation of competitive exams like International Olympiad, Science Olympiad, Coding Olympiad , Maths Olympiad ,AI Olympiad, CBSE,IPhO,JEE,CBSE,IJSO,NTSE etc.
- Best SWOT Analysis to take remedial steps for performance enhancement.
- First e-Learning Platform with Disciplined Learning Flow with Read,Practice,Test ,Competitive Exam and Performance.
- Practice questions with comprehensive solutions especially prepared by experts of school connect online.
- Participating with students with different intellectual level, region and country.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Chemistry
Read Notes and Videos,Practice,Mock Tests for Class 10 Chemistry
Practice questions and NCERT Solutions for Class 10
Chemistry is one of the vital subjects in Science stream and it is also of very much importance while preparing for various competitive exams and hence it is essential to prepare it from the very beginning. Understanding the concepts and applying them in the provided situation can improvise your learning as well as knowledge ability.
Chemistry is a very important resource for students of CBSE Class 10.Chemistry is an interesting subject for the enhancement of analytical and problem solving skills.
Unfortunately, many students find it difficult because of no interest or lack of better knowledge to comprehend. Chemistry is interesting when comprehended well and practice with easy to hard problems and students find it difficult because most of them do not have their basics clear for the subject. Lack of sufficient practice tool is a major reason.
School Connect Online students are not only solving and understanding questions from Chemistry from NCERT or Syllabus but also they are solving questions to practice Chemistry Olympiad this helps students to become expert
To help you with this, we have learning notes and videos, Practice questions for NCERT, CBSE, with Solutions for Class 10 Chemistry.
Practice Solutions for Class 10 Chemistry
NCERT solutions of Class 10 Chemistry includes solutions of all questions and more to help and support practice with more relevant and important questions. These solutions have been provided and prepared by the most experienced teachers and important resources. A very simple approach has been followed while solving the questions and designing the NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Chemistry. Students will find it extremely easy to understand the problems and how to go about solving them.
Subscribe to School Connect Online
Register for demo and subscribe to the best guided learning environment with Learning Videos and Notes with unlimited practice opportunity and Mock Test.
Just Click on the name of the chapter in your student dashboard for which you want to learn and check the learning notes and videos and practice questions with solutions and final touch to your knowledge with mock tests.
You can then go through the detailed, step-wise solutions for each and every question for that chapter.
Unlike other subjects, rote learning cannot help you to excel in Chemistry,as it requires more Learning approach and critical ability to think and solve. Even for other subjects, rote learning is not recommended as it won’t be of much use after a point of time. Chemistry, from the very beginning, needs one to think logically to enhance analytical ability.Chemistry needs practice and with practice, anything can be perfected, even the way you think and analyze.
So, it is of utmost importance to take Chemistry seriously right from your early school life. Getting your basics clear at this point will make it easier for you to handle difficult concepts as you grow older.
Chemistry of Class 10 standard plays a vital role in strengthening the fundamentals of the subject with comprehensive knowledge and understanding.So, one must prepare for this subject in a serious manner and get all their doubts clear,with maximum practice more and more to master the problem solving skill. Otherwise, they won’t be able to cope with the subject later, especially if they are planning to take up Science in their Higher Secondary level.
Chemical Substances - Nature & Behaviour
World of Living
Effects of Current
Unit I: Chemical Substances - Nature and Behaviour
Chemical reactions: Chemical equation, Balanced chemical equation, implications of a balanced chemical equation, types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement, double displacement, precipitation, neutralization, oxidation and reduction.
Acids, bases and salts: Their definitions in terms of furnishing of H+ and OH- ions, General properties, examples and uses, concept of pH scale(Definition relating to logarithm not required), importance of pH in everyday life; preparation and uses of sodium hydroxide, Bleaching powder, Baking soda, Washing soda and Plaster of Paris.
Metals and non metals: Properties of metals and non-metals, reactivity series, formation and properties of ionic compounds, basic metallurgical processes, corrosion and its prevention.
Carbon compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon. Homologous series Nomenclature of carbon compounds containing functional groups (halogens, alcohol, ketones, aldehydes, alkanes and alkynes), difference between saturated hydrocarbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Chemical properties of carbon compounds (combustion, oxidation, addition and substitution reaction). Ethanol and Ethanoic acid (only properties and uses), soaps and detergents.
Periodic classification of elements: Need for classification, Modern periodic table, gradation in properties, valency, atomic number, metallic and non-metallic properties.
List of Class 10 Science Experiments
1. A. Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
- Dilute Hydrochloric Acid
- Dilute NaOH solution
- Dilute Ethanoic Acid solution
- Lemon juice
- Dilute Hydrogen Carbonate solution
B. Studying the properties of acids and bases (HCl & NaOH) on the basis of their reaction with:
- Litmus solution (Blue/Red)
- Zinc metal
- Solid sodium carbonate
2. Performing and observing the following reactions and classifying them into:
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reactionAction of water on quicklimeAction of heat on ferrous sulphate crystalsIron nails kept in copper sulphate solutionReaction between sodium sulphate and barium chloride solutions
3. Observing the action of Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals on the following salt solutions:
- Al2 (SO4)3(aq)
Arranging Zn, Fe, Cu and Al (metals) in the decreasing order of reactivity based on the above result.
4. Studying the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determine its resistance. Also plotting a graph between V and I.
5. Determination of the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series and parallel.
6. Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
7. Experimentally show that carbon dioxide is given out during respiration.
8 Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid):
- solubility in water
- effect on litmus
- reaction with Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
9. Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
10. Determination of the focal length of:
- Concave mirror
- Convex lens by obtaining the image of a distant object.
11. Tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the result.
12. Studying (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast and Hydra with the help of prepared slides.
13. Tracing the path of the rays of light through a glass prism.
14. Finding the image distance for varying object distances in case of a convex lens and drawing corresponding ray diagrams to show the nature of image formed.
15. Identification of the different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed (Pea, gram or red kidney bean).
Listed below are prescribed books for Class 10 Science:
Science – Textbook for class X – NCERT Publication
Assessment of Practical Skills in Science – Class X – CBSE Publication
Laboratory Manual- Science -Class X, NCERT Publication
Exemplar Problems Class X – NCERT Publication
Tips and Tricks to learn Chemistry
- Attempt as many conceptual questions on those derivations as you can. This will give you a better understanding of the subject.
- To build up good concepts always focus on diagrams . First read the theory and then try to relate it with the diagram . This makes a visual impression on your mind that would be easier to remember.
- While studying u can also use a whiteboard and be attached to yourself . Imagine yourself teaching somebody this makes the concepts clearer.
- You should read all the topics with a diagram. 3D diagrams are great to make any complex topic easier to understand. Visuals are more understandable and easily absorbed by the brain
- Learn through mnemonics.(in case of eg)
- Look for new questions on similar context from previous year’s question papers, sample papers and other model test papers.
- Always time yourself while solving sample papers as it will help you better manage time during the exam.
- Practice the derivatives perfectly and do not miss the optics, magnetism and electrostatics as these are the important sections for major questions.Practicing the conceptual question can help in preparing practical as well as the concept once get clear can help in answering question from all sections.
- Solve as many class 10 sample papers you can, but try to solve at least 3-4 completely. Practice past year question papers & model test papers.
- Time management is a must; take out time for re-creation as well along side preparation.
- Try and finish all the topics and questions in the NCERT books.CBSE board questions are majorly based on the question in this book only.
Other National and International Level Olympiads